I have wanted to make these for the longest time! Snow globes are easy to make and are great gifts! Always nice to have one on your desk. This is my version of a quick and simple handmade Snow Globe.
What you will need:
1. Empty, clean glass jar with a secure lid : It could be any size. I use empty honey jars.
2. Distilled water : This is better to use. Tap water would just turn yellow and do nasty things to your globe like growing bacteria!
3. A Plastic Figurine : I used one of my clay figurines to make them extra special. (The globe with the pregnant girl was a gift for my pregnant friend!)
4. Glitter/ Fake snow
5. Super Glue/Epoxy
6. Glycerine : I didn’t have one handy. But if you do I’d recommend using it. It will make your snow fall in slow-mo and make it look prettier!
1. Get all your supplies ready.
2. Pour distilled water into the jar. Don’t fill it up to the brim, leave a little breather.
3. Add glitter.
4. Super glue your figurine to the lid.
5. Slowly close the lid making sure you secure it tightly.
6. Shake ’em up and let it snow!